Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A little trip to NE

I got to take a little trip to Nebraska recently to see family.  In theory, I thought it would be a quick trip and I'd get a little quality time with my niece and new nephew.  It turned out to be an awesome trip and I got to stay and extra night with my nearly 91 year old grandma!
Here's Grandma Myrt and little Dawson.  She is thrilled with his name.  Dawson is the little town near where my entire family is from.  She feels that it's a "family name" and I agree!

I call this our "We are not impressed" look.  Kate is growing up so fast.  She's amazing!
Grandma and I had fried chicken for dinner the extra night I spent with just her.  She had some leftovers of a pasta salad that was very tasty.  She kept telling me it was a box of mac and cheese with Dorothy Lynch dressing.  For some reason, I didn't believe what she was saying.  I kept thinking that the cheese powder and milk would have made it gross.  Finally, she got up and said "I'll just show you the recipe!".  I made this for Mother's Day and it was great!  And really easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment