Monday, February 2, 2015

Lawrence Arts Center Souper Bowl 2015

 Here's the backstory:  Many, many years ago I was very single and very bored.  I was always trying new hobbies and adventures and once upon a time, I decided I wanted to learn to tap dance.  That's right...tap dance.
In my mind, I think it was going to be like this
When in fact it was more like this
I had found a pair of tap dance shoes on the clearance rack at WalMart.  Sadly, they were more like little girl flat tap shoes with a ribbon shoelace.
I signed up for a beginning tap class expecting the other students to be women-of-a-certain-age like me...
BUT...they were all University dance students who were "brushing" up during a school break.
I could not keep up.  At all.  So I didn't go back.  *sad face*

That was my intro to The Lawrence Arts Center.


Over the years, I've gone to several events that are held at LAC, but never the annual Souper Bowl.
This year, we made it a point to attend and we were not disappointed!
Here we are getting ready to get in line.  We got there nearly an hour before it started and there were already a ton of people in line. 

The people in front of us talked about how they have been going for years and have amassed  quite a collection of handmade bowls.
Finally, the doors opened at 11.  We had no idea what to expect.
There were about 10 or 12 tables in the gallery room with bowls  and small plates on display.  You pretty much have to grab what you like that you see and carry it around with you until you make your ultimate decision.  Some people were carrying around 10 bowls at a time and would set down their "rejects".  But trust me...none of them are actual rejects.  They're all so awesome it's really hard to decide which to choose!!  I think I went thru 7 bowls before I made my final decision.

There was quite the crowd!  This would be a great place and way to get some Christmas gifts!

I got to see a lot of people that I know  :)


This was the line to pay and they had a bunch of volunteers who wrap your bowl with great care.
Chad picked a bowl that was $15, mine was $20 and Linda got two $10 bowls.

After you buy your bowl (they range from $10-$30) and get it wrapped up, you go back out into the main area where there is a variety of soup, bread and beverages that was included with the price of your bowl.


I had Garden Vegetable and a herb roll.

The blue bowl is Chad's.  Mine is yellow, cream and a beautiful lavender.
 They had other events going all day!

Souper Bowl Info
http://lawrenceartscenter.org/

I highly recommend attending in 2016.  We loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment